Care and Cleaning
To prolong the life of your Lazy Beans bean bag chair cover, simply brush off dirt before it becomes embedded in the fabrics and wipe up spills as soon as they occur.
Covers can be cleaned by hand or emptied and cleaned by hand or machine.
- Soak fabric in a solution of 1/4 cup mild soap per gallon of lukewarm water.
- Use a sponge or a soft bristle brush as necessary.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Air dry
- Machine wash in cold water with mild laundry soap.
- Allow Sunbrella to air dry, or tumble dry on "no heat" setting.
For Stubborn Stains and/or MildewSunbrella fabric does not promote mildew growth, however, mildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances that are not removed from the fabric.
- Prepare a solution of 1 cup bleach and 1/4 cup of mild soap per gallon of clean water.
- Soak affected area in solution for 20 minutes.
- Remove stain with a sponge or clean towel.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Air dry.
Applying 303 High Tech Fabric GuardRe-treating the fabric - for ease of cleaning: Sunbrella fabrics have a special finish that enhances water repellency. The finish is designed to last for several years of normal use, but may be refreshed with 303 High Tech Fabric Guard, the preferred retreatment product for Sunbrella fabrics.
- Clean Sunbrella, allow Sunbrella to completely air dry.
- Apply 303 in a thin, even coat and allow to dry.
- Repeat step 2.
- Protect the area around your Sunbrella fabric when using a bleach solution - bleach may discolour non-Sunbrella fabrics. Always rinse Sunbrella thoroughly to completely remove bleach and soap.
- Sunbrella air dries very quickly. Machine drying is not necessary.
- Do not use a steamer or an iron with steam setting. If wrinkles are a concern, use an iron set to "synthetic fabric" heat.